Tuesday 14 June 2016

Jodie Receives Top University Offer



The Front Engine
Beautiful Old Yorkshire Photography




A Longley Park Sixth Form College student has received an offer from one of the most prestigious universities in the world. A Level student Jodie Beck has accepted a place to study Politics at Kings College, London in September. The University is one of the oldest in the country and is ranked 6th best in the UK and 19th in the world.


Jodie, who currently studies Politics, History and Applied Law at the College was ecstatic when she received the news she had been accepted. She said; “I have always wanted to live in London so I am really happy that I have been offered a place at Kings College. Longley Park Sixth Form College made me realise the potential I have by providing me with so many opportunities to get me where I am today.”


As well as studying for her A Levels, Jodie has also completed the Extended Project Qualification, which allows students to develop their research skills on a topic of their choice. Jodie chose to analyse the impact of Margaret Thatcher, which lead to her securing an interview with Justine Greening MP. This gave Jodie the brilliant opportunity to gain a real insight into the world of politics first hand.


Whilst at College Jodie has also been a Student Ambassador and Student Governor for the College as well as working with the Student Union.

take-me-back-to-facebook


[catlist name=Latest News]


No comments:

Post a Comment