Wednesday 8 February 2017

Student produces winning design




Yorkshire Photography





News: Latest - distributed around Yorkshire February 08, 2017 01:11:34 PM


Her Worshipful the Mayor of Barnsley, Councillor Linda Burgess congratulated HND Graphic Design student, Alice Firth on her winning hoardings design which is a boarded fence that will be assembled around the new Skills Village in Barnsley.


Barnsley College and University Campus Barnsley Art and Design students were given a professional client brief, had access to the Skills Village site for inspiration and was given a presentation by Project Director of Henry Boot, who explained the purpose further.


Alice was presented with £30 in Amazon vouchers and her design will be professionally printed and displayed inside boarded fencing installed around the new Skills Village site.


Alice Firth, HND Graphic Design student, said: “I was really happy when I found out that I had won the competition and it gave me a great sense of achievement. It has been an excellent experience and the help and support I received from my tutor was fantastic. It will be great to see my work used in a professional capacity and I am excited to see my design printed and assembled on to the hoardings at the Skills Village.”


Evan Wood, Art, Design and Fashion Curriculum Leader, added: “All the students worked really hard and in a professional manner. This was a great opportunity for our students to showcase their work on a larger scale and it was a real test of their skills.”


[catlist name=Latest News]


No comments:

Post a Comment